Pontederia cordata Pickerelweed Water Gardening
Heart-shaped green leaves with clusters of blue flowers borne on a spike. A tall, late flowering structural plant. It is free flowering and slowly grows into a large clump.... Pontederia cordata is a PERENNIAL growing to 0.8 m (2ft 7in) by 0.5 m (1ft 8in) at a medium rate. It is hardy to zone (UK) 3. It is in flower from July to September.
Pontederia cordata (Pickerel weed) Plant Finder
Important delivery information. Plant orders are dispatched to UK destinations only and leave the Nursery on a Monday - Thursday inclusive to avoid the weekend.... Pontederia cordata (Pickerel weed). This is a beautiful clump-forming bog or aquatic perennial. It has dark green glossy leaves, the flowers are produced in spikes of …
Pontederia cordata landscape architect's pages
Pickerelweed (Pontederia cordata) is a wetland plant with purple flowers seen in the shallow edges of ponds, streams, and marshes in the Adirondacks.... Pontederia cordata is a PERENNIAL growing to 0.8 m (2ft 7in) by 0.5 m (1ft 8in) at a medium rate. It is hardy to zone (UK) 3. It is in flower from July to September.
Pickerel-weed Pontederia cordata AquaPlant
Belonging to the Pontederia genus, Pickerel Weed has a botanical name of Pontederia cordata var. lancifolia. Attracts beneficials, bees and butterflies.... Pontederia cordata is a long-lived , rooted freshwater plant 1-2 m tall that grows in clusters and forms colonies. The stems are smooth, emerging above the water surface and branched, each bearing a leaf and a flower spike .
Pontederia Cordata How To Grow
Pontederia Gardening in the Coastal Southeast
- Pontederia cordata (Pickerel Weed) Wildflower Seed
- Common Pickerel Weed (Pontederia cordata) My Garden Life
- Pontederia cordata (pickerelweed) Go Botany
- Pontederia cordata â€˜Albaâ€™ â€“ Penlan Perennials Nursery
Pontederia Cordata How To Grow
What is a Pickerel Weed? Learn about the Pickerel Weed plant of Pontederia cordata genus. Search over 7,000 plants in our plant guide. See what to plant when thanks to our seasonal gardening guide and plant finder so your flowers and vegetables look amazing whatever the climate.
- In order to grow in the water, the plant must be able to pass oxygen to its roots. The Pontederia has a sponge-like tissue in its stems, through which the oxygen moves to the roots.
- 15/07/2012 · Pontederia cordata, commonly known as Pickerelweed, Heart-leaved Pickerel Weed or Pickerel Weed, is native to North America and South America.
- Pontederia cordata, Pickerelweed, is a common sight in quiet fresh water areas. Shallow water is the habitat for this beautiful species. The native forms are usually shades of blue-purple, but we also have the uncommon white form.
- 1. Pontederia cordata, common name pickerelweed or pickerel weed, is a monocotyledonous aquatic plant native to the American continent.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Holt ACT, Canberra ACT, Deakin ACT, Griffith ACT, Latham ACT, ACT Australia 2662
- New South Wales: Lane Cove NSW, Moore Park NSW, Redbank Plains NSW, Narara NSW, Horsley NSW, NSW Australia 2088
- Northern Territory: Nyirripi NT, Nightcliff NT, Logan Reserve NT, Mataranka NT, Tiwi Islands NT, Yirrkala NT, NT Australia 0885
- Queensland: Magnolia QLD, Parkhurst QLD, Sarina Range QLD, Five Dock QLD, QLD Australia 4094
- South Australia: Erindale SA, Kingston SE SA, Flaxley SA, Mount Schank SA, Hatherleigh SA, Gidgealpa SA, SA Australia 5077
- Tasmania: Douglas River TAS, Pipers River TAS, National Park TAS, TAS Australia 7044
- Victoria: Bridgewater VIC, Werrimull VIC, Molesworth VIC, Molesworth VIC, Airport West VIC, VIC Australia 3001
- Western Australia: North Plantations WA, Kintore WA, Mulan Community WA, WA Australia 6049
- British Columbia: Kaslo BC, Princeton BC, Fraser Lake BC, Chase BC, Princeton BC, BC Canada, V8W 5W3
- Yukon: Boundary YT, Kynocks YT, Black Hills YT, Gordon Landing YT, Eagle Plains YT, YT Canada, Y1A 9C5
- Alberta: Czar AB, Rocky Mountain House AB, Bonnyville AB, St. Paul AB, High Prairie AB, Leduc AB, AB Canada, T5K 4J3
- Northwest Territories: Tsiigehtchic NT, Fort Resolution NT, Behchoko? NT, Ulukhaktok NT, NT Canada, X1A 9L9
- Saskatchewan: Pennant SK, Bjorkdale SK, Estevan SK, Flaxcombe SK, Wawota SK, Coderre SK, SK Canada, S4P 9C7
- Manitoba: Morris MB, Minitonas MB, Carman MB, MB Canada, R3B 6P9
- Quebec: Brome QC, Normandin QC, Terrebonne QC, Lachute QC, L'Ile-Perrot QC, QC Canada, H2Y 7W7
- New Brunswick: Canterbury NB, Tracy NB, Minto NB, NB Canada, E3B 8H1
- Nova Scotia: Chester NS, Louisbourg NS, Halifax NS, NS Canada, B3J 7S4
- Prince Edward Island: St. Louis PE, Miltonvale Park PE, York PE, PE Canada, C1A 6N2
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Bay L'Argent NL, Tilt Cove NL, St. Shott's NL, Kippens NL, NL Canada, A1B 4J8
- Ontario: Elizabeth Bay ON, Jellyby ON, Algonquin ON, Sandcastle Beach, Oro-Medonte ON, Mount Pleasant, Brant County ON, McKellar ON, ON Canada, M7A 9L8
- Nunavut: Tree River NU, Dundas Harbour NU, NU Canada, X0A 7H9
- England: Ipswich ENG, Woking ENG, Cannock ENG, Manchester ENG, Luton ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 5A6
- Northern Ireland: Newtownabbey NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, Belfast NIR, Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Belfast NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 9H4
- Scotland: Dunfermline SCO, Kirkcaldy SCO, Hamilton SCO, Edinburgh SCO, Aberdeen SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 6B9
- Wales: Newport WAL, Swansea WAL, Swansea WAL, Barry WAL, Barry WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 8D5